Monday 14 July 2008

The Surgery Appointment

It was Monday, 24 March 2008, when I went to the doctor for the routine check on my pregnancy. It was my 37th week of pregnancy. The doctor took some further examination on the readiness of your labour. The result was I could not give birth with the natural way, I had to take the caesar surgery because your position was not going to find the natural way out. Doctor gave me an injection to make your lung stronger and ready. He suggested Ayah and me to have the delivery soon. He scheduled the surgery on the following Wednesday, 26 March 2008. Wow,, wait a second.. it was too fast. I had to make a preparation for myself. The surgery and the schedule were quiet shocking to me. So we then decided to do it on Saturday, 29 March 2008. First the plan was to do it at night, but then one of the doctor team was not available, then we reschedule it for Saturday morning, 7.00 a.m.

I went to work the next day.. which was the last working day. I informed my boss and my team about the news and that I had to take early pregnancy leave. On Wednesday, I took some rest at my mom’s home. Luckily we already moved out from our home at Bukit Nirvana.. your new home at villa cinere was already ready at that time. It was just last week when we moved in to our new home.

On Thursday, I took a laboratory check for the surgery preparation and had a haircut at Citos (well, I have to look fine anyway.. there would be lots of pictures taken.. hehe..).

On Friday, after lunch I went to the hospital. Nita Titien and Ati Tutut took me to the hospital. I had an early check before I check in. the result was also quiet surprising. They checked on your movement and discovered that I’ve already had the contraction. But I didn’t feel it. Well, I felt sometimes my stomach was a little tense, but I didn’t think that it was a contraction. After having some consultation with the doctor, I took a medicine to hold the contraction and the surgery was still on schedule. If the contraction didn’t stop, then we had to do the surgery as soon as possible. Having heard the contraction news, Ayah and NiEn (Nini Endang – that’s what my Mom wants you to call her) were running from their offices to the hospital. Thank God it stopped. Then I went into the room (3303) for some rest.

Here’s the picture of me the night before your arrival in this world.

No comments:

How Old Am I?

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker